IWATA HP-CS Eclipse AIRBRUSH Kit With Airbrush Depot 1 Year Warranty Tank Compressor and 6 Foot Air Hose Set, Createx Paint, Airbrush Holder, Instructional DVD, Cleaning Tank, Mixing Sticks & Cups, Quick-Connector
* Estimated shipping rate for US 48 states. Final rate calculated at checkout.
|Average Customer Review: ( 9 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
11 of 11 found the following review helpful:
Awesome! Mar 11, 2011
Bought this kit as a beginner looking for a good kit to start out with. Excellent value for what you get, everything that you need to start painting right out of the box. The Iwata HP-CS allows you very nice control with your airbrush, and leaves you with no problems. Compressor is alot quieter than I had expected and very easy to control. The video that comes with this kit is very helpful as well, I would recommend you to watch the video first if you are just beginning to show you all the basics, from the different types of paint, spray patterns, and different surfaces that you can paint on etc. Have no complaints, Amazon was fast with shipping and was the best price I could find. Would definitely recommend this kit to anyone looking to air brush just about anything. Awesome!!
2 of 2 found the following review helpful:
Nice Airbrush, Questionable Compressor Oct 13, 2012
My husband wanted an airbrush to paint the bodies of his R/C cars and trucks, and this looked like a good kit to get him started. The airbrush works great so far, he was making lines and figuring out how to use the double action the day we got it. The compressor is another matter, it overheats within about 20 minutes.
Great Product/Great Price May 15, 2013
By LEONARD Y.
My daughter is a MUA and she loves the unit!!! She enjoys the ease of operation and the quality of the kit.
Great Airbrush May 14, 2013
By M. Holmes
I got this airbrush for painting details and shading for props. Works very well. Makes making subtle gradients trivial. Has everything you'd need to get started. Would recommend.
Excellent Kit for Beginners May 13, 2013
By Fates Puppet
I had never used an airbrush before buying this kit. I purchased it with the hope of using it on Warhammer 40k figures for base coating and large scale model painting. After practicing for a few hours I tried it on a handful of figures to great success. The layer of paint is very thin and doesn't obscure any of the detail. I am sure that I will be able to do more than just basecoating once I get better control through practice.
- There are a dozen colors in the kit which are great for practicing with. They last a very long time.
- The compressor and air hose will give you about 8 to 10 feet of reach total from plug to the end of the hose for the airbrush.
- The airbrush itself is very clean and simple to use, and comes with a small bottle of oil and a wrench for use in cleaning it
- You are given a quick connect for attaching the airbrush, but mine leaked due to a small o-ring that gets pinched when attaching it.
- The paint cleaning pot(yellow topped bottle in the picture) doesn't do much other than give you a place to blow the cleaning solution and paint into. It gets dirty very quickly and would need cleaning multiple times during a prolonged painting session. A milk jug would work equally well, though it's still a nice addition.
- The compressor's instructions are very limited, and I could not find any way to increase the pressure. Because of this it would shut off at around 20 PSI and then cut back on after only a few blasts from the brush. The compressor itself is quiet, but I fear that repeatedly turning on and off is bad for it.
Overall I really like this kit. There are a ton of extras that are great to help beginners like me become more familiar with air brushing. My suggestion is to use this kit to set up a nice workstation. The brush stand included in the set can hold 4 brushes easily, and has a mounting point for an air regulator. I used it to loop the air hose through to keep it from getting in the way. There are also a ton of small plastic cups for mixing colors, and popsicle sticks to help mix them up.
The only thing I found a bit troubling was how fast I went through the cleaning solution. I did change colors often, and you can apparently use windex and water mixed together. Still, it would be nice if the kit included a larger bottle. Also, cleaning out the very inside of the brush required using q-tips due to how small the area is. Beyond that, cleanup is easy.
See all 9 customer reviews on Amazon.com